Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Chapter 81: Disobedience


Thomas Kasuto

Saias’s Villa

Living Room

 

“…Tommy…what do you think we should do?” Zelda asked nervously. “We can’t…just sit here, and wait for those evil Digimon to start hurting people…” I looked around the empty room and sighed.

“We don’t have any choice,” I said. “This isn’t like before when the three of us snuck away to Braig’s laboratory…Those Digimon we’re fighting…those twelve…If their power is enough to frighten Apollomon to the point where he won’t allow us to fight without Seraphimon’s help, then it might be best that we do what he says. With Seraphimon, the members of Lachesis are the only ones who can stand up to those twelve, not to mention Michalis and Sephyrus.” I turned to look at Zelda; she looked exhausted, and she was slumped up against me on a couch, with her eyes half open and her head resting atop my right shoulder. In reality, I was just as nervous as she was, and the warmth of her body was very comforting. I placed my arm around her and said, “I don’t like BlackGaomon’s decision any more than you, or Statch, or Luna…but it is the wisest decision. If something were to happen to any of us, the chances that the remainder of our group triumphs over Lilithmon slims down astronomically. That is why I go along with BlackGaomon. People may get hurt waiting for us, but if we rush in and get ourselves killed, then more and more people will get hurt, and there will be nobody around to stop it.”

“We have no choice but to get involved…because that is what we do,” Zelda replied. “But still…I…I’m scared, Tommy…” Zelda placed her hand over mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Since they’re so powerful…it’s almost guaranteed that someone here will get hurt…I don’t want to see anyone I care about get hurt ever again…especially you, Tommy.”

“…I…feel the same way,” I whispered. “Especially about you, Zelda.”

 “Thomas…have you seen Statuedramon?” BlackGaomon asked, walking into the room.

“Statuedramon? Didn’t…didn’t he go up to his room?” I asked.

“He’s not there.”

“He’s…He ran away!” I stood up, grabbed my sword, and ran to the front door of the villa.

“You know where he went?” BlackGaomon asked. Zelda, holding the satchel that contained her Digimon Talismans, ran after me.

“Isn’t it obvious? He went to Mandala to deal with those Digimon because you forbade him to!” I said. “The two of us will go and bring him back before he does anything stupid!”

Sephyrus

Mandala City

 

“There’s only one thing I wish to discuss with Lilithmon,” Lupinemon said.

“Yes? What is it?” Lilithmon asked.

“Your punishment.”

 “Punishment?! But…I’ve freed all of you! Have I not done that? Have I not released you all from the Dark Area?!” Lilithmon demanded. “Please…have mercy…”

“You dare request mercy?!” Hydramon asked.

“Have I not earned it? I’ve released all of you…”

“How curious, then…that six of our friends remain trapped in the void with no way to get out!” Lupinemon snarled.

“The three of us should obliterate you on their behalf,” Machinedramon said.

“I kept my word! I freed the lot of you! I cannot be blamed for the meddling of Lachesis and its members!” Lilithmon yelled.

You did not free us,” Hydramon said. “And you, Lily, did not keep your word.”

“Haven’t I?!”

“Freeing us was your job, and not Sephyrus’s,” Machinedramon said.

“There’s been talk in the Dark Area about having him replace you,” Lupinemon said. “He seems far more worthy of joining us than you are of staying with us.”

I could not help but smile at the compliment.

“I, for one, would be most welcoming to our Bio Hybrid ally,” Hydramon said. “He’s a good chap; very polite, and easy to talk to. You, on the other hand, are very easy to talk down to.”

“Why have someone like that in our group?” Lupinemon asked. “All twelve of us are equals…is the way it should be. Instead, it is eleven equals and one sniveling coward!

“Pardon for the interruption!” the five of us looked straight up to see the form of DeathPhantomon descending from the ocean and through the protective barrier surrounding the city. “The wind has brought the sweetest of rumors to mine ears!”

“What do you want, DeathPhantomon?” Hydramon asked.

“Rumor tells that sweet Lilithmon is about to receive her punishment; verily, hath I cometh to partake in such a momentous activity!”

“DeathPhantomon…just…just stop,” Lupinemon said, shaking her head. DeathPhantomon, ignoring her, hovered over to Lilithmon.

“Thou hath been very naughty, Lilithmon; to thine ass go the spankings!”

“Shut up, DeathPhantomon!” Machinedramon roared. “This…punishment…isn’t like the ones in your sick, sexual fantasies!”

“Thou would be surprised of what bringeth enjoyment to me,” DeathPhantomon cackled.

“Not…anymore,” Hydramon said. All three of Hydramon’s visible heads had a traumatized look on their faces. “Not since you locked me in that nightmare involving the mango and the Kudamon…”

“Stop talking!” Lupinemon said hurriedly. DeathPhantomon laughed eerily once more. “No, I’m serious; I think I hear someone coming!”

“Sword of Dragon’s Soul!” a clear projection of a sword whizzed down past my head and struck the concrete ground in front of Hydramon and Machinedramon.

“I smell…an unfamiliar scent,” Lupinemon growled.

“I believe a friend from Lachesis has come to join us,” I said. “Do join us…won’t you, Statuedramon?”

“I would never join your side, Bio Hybrid!” Statuedramon said, leaping down from a marble column in front of me.

“That…wasn’t exactly what I meant…”

“Who’s this small fry?” Hydramon asked.

“Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Statuedramon,” I said. “He is the Digimon partner of the Human that killed SkullCaliphmon.”

This is the Digimon Horusmon spoke so fondly of?!” Machinedramon asked.

“But…he’s just a Rookie level,” Lupinemon said.

“Regardless, it seems that letting him live would be disadvantageous to our group,” Hydramon said. “I shall be the one to deal with him; Herculean Slicer!” Hydramon forcefully brought down his sword-shaped tail at the small Rookie, who blocked the attack with his own sword remarkably well.

“Is this…the best you’ve got?!” Statuedramon asked. “I’ve taken stronger attacks from In-Training level Digimon!”

“You wish for something stronger?” Hydramon asked, raising his tail slightly.

“You don’t want to know what that main head is capable of!” one of Hydramon’s other heads said.

“Hey, I wanted to be the one to say that!” the third of Hydramon’s heads whined.

“Well, tough shit; I said it first!” Hydramon’s second head stuck its tongue out at the third head.

“Yes…well, don’t say you were never adequately warned for what is about to happen,” Hydramon said to Statuedramon. “Lernaean Inferno!” Hydramon’s main, center head opened its mouth and unleashed a swirling orange flame at the Rookie.

“Dimensional Shield!” All of Hydramon’s flames disappeared inside Statuedramon’s shield, and the Rookie’s sword began to glow red as it unleashed the flames back at the larger Mega, searing and burning through his thick, black scales. Hydramon could do nothing in retaliation as Statuedramon cut through his charred body with his sword. Machinedramon and Lupinemon stood still, watching in awe as Hydramon hit the ground, dead and dissolving into data. Lilithmon observed with a stern expression on her face, and DeathPhantomon seemed amused, although it was hard to tell with a Digimon that concealed his face. I myself was unsurprised at what had happened; I had been well aware of the Rookie’s strength for quite some time. “Who’d like to go next?” Statch asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment