Friday, February 26, 2016

Chapter 53: A Chat Amongst Friends


Lilithmon

The Dark Area

 

“That damned Thomas! Just because he and that stupid lizard managed to defeat me doesn’t make them stronger than me! They’d better not be thinking that up there!” I pouted, sitting cross-legged on one of the many floating rocks of the Dark Area. Even after two-hundred years, it looked exactly the same as it had the last time I saw it; a dull orange surrounding, a myriad of floating rocks, and completely bone dry. “Well, no matter; I think it’s been long enough. I’ll just go see DeathPhantomon so I can—”

“So you can…what, Lilly?!” A loud, almost mechanical voice said from behind me. Turning around, my mouth gaped in horror as I saw Machinedramon standing behind me. “You’re here with US now, and you must deal with the consequences of your actions!”

Oh, no…they’ve found me!

“Indeed,” another voice said from behind me, and this time when I turned around, I saw a Digimon emerge from another rock, tunneling his way from the bottom. He was a tall, skeletal Digimon, carrying a two-bladed sword. “It’s time to begin your eternal torment!” SkullCaliphmon laughed.

“Eternal torment? Whatever for? What have I done?!” I asked, a look of fear and confusion I could see spreading across my beautiful face in the reflection of Machinedramon’s armor.

“Have you forgotten your promise so soon, Lilly dear?” another Digimon said, hovering slowly down from a rock further up to look me in the eye. He was a heavily armored knight that towered over me and even SkullCaliphmon. “You promised you would find a way to free us from the Dark Area. Instead, you chose to spend your time looking for meaningless quintessence and make a pitiful attempt for ruling Arcadia,” Generalmon said, his enormous axe instantly materializing in his hands. As I looked at my closest, and only, friends, I noticed tears began to well up in my eyes. Another rock floated past, but a large Digimon struck it, shattering it into thousands of pieces.

“You’ve betrayed all ten of us, Lilithmon!” Hydramon said. “You’ve left us all here to suffer in this bone dry pit!”

“All those centuries we’ve waited for you to free us, while you were out having fun! Have you any idea how long we’ve waited for you to help us?!” Horusmon said, emitting a piercing shriek similar to that of a falcon as he soared through the air past me.

“We have been here for 200 years,” Lucemon said, hovering silently behind me, his legs crossed and his eyes closed. “That is precisely 73,000 days, 1,752,000 hours, 105,120,000 seconds...”

“And not once…during any of those wasted seconds have you even attempted to free us!” Belphemon said, his booming voice making even the air quake.

“My friends...please, listen to me! I was searching for the quintessence so that I would be able to free you!” I protested, backing away from my angered friends. “It’s not my fault that the door to the Dark Area requires so much quintessence to open up!” As I continued to back away, I soon backed into yet another Digimon. “Myotismon! You believe me, don’t you? Come on...tell the others that I needed all of that quintessence to open the door to the Dark Area.” Myotismon continued to look down at me, his stern facial expression not changing. “Myotismon...please...tell them—”

“Enough of your excuses, wench!” Myotismon said angrily, slapping me across the face. “You desired all that quintessence for you alone. Crimson Lightning!” Myotismon’s attack struck me across the chest, bringing me to my knees.

“Now THIS is a good look for you, Lilithmon; you ought to bow down to your superiors more often,” Lupinemon growled, slowly approaching me as I quickly got back up to my feet. I began backing away once again until Lupinemon cornered me against a rock.

“Please...I can free you...please, just give me another chance...” I sobbed, tears sliding down my face as a large Digimon carrying a scythe hovered up to me. “DeathPhantomon...you were the one who freed me last time...you can do it again...can’t you?” Though DeathPhantomon’s single, glowing red eye appeared glued to my large breasts, a long, slightly misshapen black tongue — at least, I hoped it was a tongue — came from underneath DeathPhantomon’s hood and lapped up the tears sliding down my face.

“Ahh, the sweet taste of fear,” DeathPhantomon said with a sigh. “Thy face is slathered in it!”

“Those are tears, DeathPhantomon,” Lupinemon said in an annoyed growl.

“Honestly, must you overdramatize everything you say?” Horusmon asked.

“And do you need to be so…creepy about everything? You’re even creepier than Lucemon over there!” SkullCaliphmon said. “And that is one creepy little shit, lemme tell ya!’”

“Lucemon chooses to ignore this statement,” Lucemon said, his voice as hollow and monotone as ever.

“How…do you know all of this?!” I asked. “You’ve been here for two hundred years…how could you possibly know what I’ve been doing?!”

“My crystal sphere,” DeathPhantomon cackled with glee as he pointed to the necklace around his neck. “With this…I am capable of seeing every action of whomever I wish!”

“I’m sick of all this talking!” Belphemon roared. “We should just kill her now and get it over with!”

“Wait, please! I can still help you! I can still get you out of here!” I pleaded. “Please…just give me another chance!”

“…Give us one good reason why we should not kill you,” Myotismon said.

“Other than the fact that we can’t die since we’re here, of all places,” Hydramon mumbled, looking around the barren Dark Area.

“Because…I’m the only one who can get you out,” I said.

“Don’t even try to kiss up to us with that old excuse, Lilly,” Lupinemon said.

“Yeah; who’s to say you really would free us even if we did let you out?” SkullCaliphmon asked.

“…Because this time, I know you’re all watching me,” I said. “Also…I found one of your Horcruxes before I was killed. All I need to do is get my hands on it, and I can free one of you! After that, I can work towards freeing the rest of you! If you so deem it.”

“…Very well, Lilly. You have earned yourself that second chance,” Myotismon said.

“Tell me, Lilithmon; can you be trusted?” Machinedramon asked.

“Of COURSE she can’t!” Belphemon said.

“And yet…if we desire our freedom, we have no other option,” SkullCaliphmon said.

“But all an eternity to punish her should she again deceive us,” Generalmon said to the skeletal Digimon. My legs began to tremble as I began to break out in a nervous sweat, and I could hear my stomach whine and growl with a queasy unease.

“Well, I’m convinced,” DeathPhantomon said. “Whether I get freed from this wonderful place…or I am able to punish Lilithmon and stay here…it makes no difference to me! I would be happy with either outcome! Spirit Influx!” The eyes on the skull adorning DeathPhantomon’s scythe shined a bright crimson red, enveloping me in their light until I, once more, became a spirit, floating weightless through the dry air. All eyes were on me as I slowly lifted up.

“Lilithmon…you do remember where our Horcruxes are hidden…do you not?” Myotismon asked.

“O—Of course I do,” I laughed nervously. Myotismon rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry; in no time at all, you’ll all be free from the Dark Area, and we’ll all be able to continue where we left off five hundred years ago!”

Sephyrus

The Savage Prairie

Elphierr Territory

 

“Thank you all for coming here today, my friends,” I said. The four of us sat atop rocks dotting the prairie’s landscape. The hot sun was high in the sky, and the melodic sound of a Biyomon chirping could be heard in the distance.

“What is this all about?” Michalis asked. 

“This better be important,” Adrian said. “It doesn’t have anything to do with quintessence, does it?!”

“I have been coming here every day for the week,” I said. “It is at this spot that I first met Lilithmon…two hundred years ago.”

“…Two…hundred? But…you don’t look that old,” Irene said. I laughed.

“No, my dear; it is the quintessence the two of us have found over the years that has kept me looking the same age I was when I first met Lilithmon. It can grant an eternal life…remember?”

“Is immortality the only thing quintessence is capable of?” Adrian asked. “If it is…that’d be pretty boring…”

“No. It is capable of changing one’s appearance, for starters.”

“That’s…that’s how Lilithmon killed my mother,” Irene said.

“In addition to changing one’s appearance and extending one’s lifespan, it is how we were all able to become Bio Hybrids.”

“You mean, it can merge a Human with a Digimon?” Michalis asked.

“Correct; it is also capable of fusing two Digimon together through the process of D.N.A. Digivolution.”

“…So, what do you think would happen if you fused two Humans together?” Adrian asked.

“Both would die. Believe me; I’ve—”

“Sephyrus, as…interesting as I find all of this, you still have not told us why you needed us all to come here today,” Michalis said. “You told us this was where you first met my mother when she had just left the Dark Area; that I get. But why did you need the three of us here?”

He still thinks of Lilithmon as his mother…This could prove to be beneficial…

“Yeah! If Lilithmon was trapped in the Dark Area for three hundred years before freeing herself, who’s to say she wouldn’t stay there for another three hundred?” Adrian asked.

“Because…after I introduced her to the concept of quintessence…she told me something,” I said. “She told me that she had friends in the Dark Area…ten of them. They are ten of the strongest and most evil Digimon to ever walk on Arcadia. She told me that they were waiting for her to free them…for her to find their Horcruxes. Now, since she’s been doing everything but that for the last two hundred years, I would imagine those Digimon would be a tad miffed about her ignoring them.”

“…And that’s why you’ve been coming here,” Michalis said. “This is where she appeared the last time she left the Dark Area…you figured it would only be a matter of time before she would be released again, lest she face the wrath and scorn of those Digimon.”

“Correct.”

“So, if she doesn’t show herself today…us coming here would prove to be a waste of time.”

“It’s been two weeks since she was killed; surely, she’ll be surfacing any day now.”

“How…how did it happen?” Irene asked. “Did she just…come out of the ground? Or, did she—” Irene was interrupted by an abrupt, raging tempest that had quickly and unexpectedly rose up from the ground. The generated wind was quite strong; it was almost strong enough to move the rocks we sat on. I quickly grabbed hold of Irene out of fear that she would be blown away.

“What the hell’s going on?!” Adrian asked.

“This is it! She’s coming!” I excitedly looked at the violently shaking grass; it almost seemed as though the sky darkened in color as clouds raced across it. A bright but pale blue ring of light instantly materialized in the middle of all of this. My grin widened as I saw the top of Lilithmon’s head pop up from the center of the ring. This vast feeling of happiness and excitement I felt only increased as the form of her phantasmal, translucent, and ghostly spirit came into view. “My lady…it is with warmest tidings that I bid you welcome to this plane of existence once more.”

“Oh…how charming it is to see you all again,” Lilithmon said, an evil and beautiful smile forming on her pale ruby lips. “You actually came here to meet with me again, Sephyrus? How romantic…”

No comments:

Post a Comment